Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing PRI - Should I get help? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatcristorey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2009
US
Howdy all --

A few years ago, I consulted Tek-Tips a LOT when I was setting up our donated Norstar Meridian system. We got everything working great, and we get a LOT of good use out of it. We set it up as a four-line system, and it's served our needs just great.

In a few months, we're getting a PRI. I have a PRI card, and I believe it works, but I have no way of testing it. I think that with enough effort, I could do this myself, but it may be best to just hire someone to do it. I'm not a phone expert, but I've gotten this far without too much difficulty.

So my two questions -- should I try to take this on myself, or should I get help? If I do hire this out, does anyone have any recommendations for someone in Houston?

I would look for help in your area, you will need a DTI card (sounds like you have one of these)and a service card. There is also a great deal of programing to make it work right.

Wayne T

Don't forget that you also need the PRI Enabler keycode in order to even get the PRI card to work. Silver987 is correct in suggesting you get help on this one. Many problems can arise on a PRI install if done incorrectly including system ID changing on you.

Thanks y'all -- I will definitely hire some help.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in Houston? I can google it, but I'd love suggestions.

Also double check what software version you have, It was either 4.0 or 4.1 when PRI's were compatible with Norstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back