Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing PHP on Win 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyd3r

Technical User
Jan 4, 2005
US
This may be off subject, but can anyone tell me how to make sure that my php is running and working with my IIS?

Thanks!

I checked and it won't work.

I thought I had installed php manually. After checking with a hello world php script and it not displaying, I download php 5.x windows installer from php.net and reinstalled. I also downloaded the optimizer which said it installed. Then I retried the php page... no go.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

In windows 2003 you need to configure the server to allow access to the PHP.dll file so that it is allowed to serve pages.

Right Click on Web Service Extensions in IIS and click 'Add a new web service extension' name it PHP and add the PHP.dll file from your install folder.

You should then be able to serve pages

Thanks! I saw the web service extensions in IIS but wasn't sure where it wanted to be pointed to.

Really appreciate the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back