Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing paradox 9 developers edition on windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdx910

Programmer
Apr 1, 2009
MX
thread177-1439988

Hi
Im a programmer that had the good fortune of working with xp until this week that was decided to change to vsta, Im experiencing the same issue, cannot run paradox from vista, read the thread above referenced but I dont have an idapi32.cfg only have de normal idapi.cfg tried to change the name but didnt work, any suggestions on how can I get one will be very much appreciated

Thank you
Pdox910

Corel has a patch, which, unfortunately, reportedly does not work well.

Thanks, Do you know where I can download the patch? Need to try it

i have a number of paradox 9 installations, both single computer and networked. it works under vista but better under windows 7.
i use two patches, wp9sp1.exe (01/13/2000) and pruntime.exe (02/14/2000) and then i copy prform32.dll (02/14/2000) to replace the one installed by the patches. i have not tried the wpsp2 or sp3 because they change my report spacing and i do not want to redo all my reports.

your .net needs to be to a directory not the root of a drive (set in the idapi configuration). in vista you will get an error when exiting paradox - it does not close - but everything else works.

i turn off the user account control - this interferes with paradox running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back