Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Office 2000 on XP pro - errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hello - I have a HP laptop that I reloaded with XP pro directly instead of the original XP home so that I didn't get all the HP tools, programs and marketing stuff. The problem is that when I go to load Office 2000 it hangs for a while about half way through and then gives a message: Error 1305 - c:\windows\fonts\bkant.ttf. verify that the file exists and that you can access it...

I can't tell if this has to do with XP pro not having the file installed. I installed the file from another PC in the office and it goes on to another file that is missing. Has anyone ever seen this? Could it be that my PC is having trouble reading fro the CD and maybe it's? I was rebuilding it in the first place because I hwas having flaky things happen... mainly with IE hangs. Now I am wondering what else could be going on.

Thanks!

Rich

I have the same problem trying to install Office onto an XP Home PC did you find a solution?

Microsoft has said that Office 2000 will work on the XP Pro OS just fine, but at my office when we tried to do that we ran into alot of errors. The solution we found was just to keep Office2000 with the Win2000 and OfficeXP with the WinXP. There probably is another solution out there but we couldn't waste the manhours.

Hello - Actually, I ended up buying the upgrade to Office Pro and LOVE it! So worth the $279 or whatever that I found it for on buy.com. Sorry to take the easy route out. :) but in the end the productivity enhancements in this version far outway the hassle i was having with that ver. I guess every 4 years or so I need to upgrade.

Good luck -
Rich

Strange... We just bought 4 Dell machines with XP Pro and I installed Office 2000 without ANY problems! Weird.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

I have found that whenever I had this type of problems on a customer it would be because of Anti-virus software.

Try and disable every running program before attempting the instalation to see if it solves the problem

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

It's also possible the disk was corrupt/dirty - Unless you have used it to install on another machine recently then you won't really know.

Regards
Ken...............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

tried the disk in my laptop, running W2K Pro, software installed first time so not a corrupt/dirty CD

Cheers

In thinking about this problem I recall the aftermath of upgrading. I couldn't do so for a while since I kept having erros verifying a previously installed ver. MS spent 5 hours with me and one of the steps involved copying off the whole CD to hard disk. Try this on the problem machine. This allows testing read ops on the whole cd as well as then being able to run it from disk afterwards. Just an idea. In the end, my second disk in the set was enough to verify the vailidity of a previous ver.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back