Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Novell 4.11 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2001
GB
How do i install Netware 4.11 on a CPQ Proliant 1500 server.What are the basic steps for installation.

On a proliant 1500, you need to use the appropriate smart start cd that was released for that server, then install the O/S. Actually you should be able to use the latest smart start release, which can be downloaded from compaq's website.

HTH

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Got a feeling the latest smartstart does not support 4.11 install. I did one not so long ago and could not get it going properly with 4.11. It wasn't on a pro1500 but you may end up doing a manual install of spacks etc. Lee Smith
Xenon Network Services
Snr. Technical Support
LSmith@xenon-uk.co.uk

Thanks for a prompt reply.I was trying to install from a new version off smartstart ver 4.90 & that was the problem.I tried installing from ver 4.20 & have been successful.Thanks for all your help guys it has been greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back