Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Netware Endpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblue

Technical User
Jul 20, 2000
US
I am in a mixed environment, using 50 NT servers, 4 of which are Netware servers.&nbsp;&nbsp;There are 500 NetWare clients that I want to install as endpoints using SIS.&nbsp;&nbsp;The TMR is NOT a NetWare server.<br><br>All attempts to install the endpoints fail due to login failure. I am using an administrator account with domain administrator privileges in the NT domain.&nbsp;&nbsp;Could it be that I don't have permissions set up properly in NDS?<br><br>Any help is greatly appreciated...

Netware LCF installation is not supported via SIS, only from a Windows workstation with the Netware Client for Windows installed. You need to map a drive to the SYS: volume of each Netware Server and install the Endpoint using Setup.exe.

Or, you can do this once, and copy the files and directories to each server.

The FIRST installation of a Netware LCF in a NDS environment creates the tmeservd account in the NDS, which is required for Netware Endpoints. You must be logged into the Netware Server as Admin or equivalent (SUPERVISOR for Netware 3) in order to have permission to create the NDS account.

It's all in the README on the Framework CD which has the Netware Client install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back