Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing IE offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotblacktar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I have problem with installing IE6.

How do I install IE if I do not have an internet connect or the connection is too slow to download all of the installation files from MS?

I have looked around and it seems that the only way to install it is by downloading.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You'll have to download it at some point, or get a burned copy from someone who's downloaded the full version. Here's the knowledge base article on how to do it. It's a little fun, but the instructions will get you there. If you're on a dial-up, find somebody with high-speed and a CD-burner and follow these instructions.

I found that article but the download kept failing. I assumed I was just doing something wrong. When I saw this post I tried the procedure again as outlined in the article from another desktop and Viola.

Note to anyone else: When using the switch that MS provides in the artilce /c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""#E" be sure that you to reflect the version of the browser you are downloading. IE 6 switch /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E".

Seems like a no-brainer but I didn't catch that first time I ran the command and it generated an error.

Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back