Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Gnome 1.4 on RedHat 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

secureshell

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
CA

I just installed RedHat 7.2 with KDE and omitted the Gnome installation initially. Now I want to install Gnome on my machine. I have the rpm files on a CD but when I tried to install it using rpm, it gave me a huge list of unresolved dependencies. Does anyone know of a better way to install Gnome 1.4 using rpm? I tried using gnome.org and they have info on Gnome 2.0 but I don't want to use that yet, just would like to stick with Gnome 1.4 for the time being.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx {W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

Try using a graphic tool (kpackage), this one tells you which are the dependencies

EDC

Thx. kpackage did show me all the dependencies but now I wanna know if there is a way to install all of them in one swoop.
{W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back