Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Ghost Image on BCM 3.7 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirchenlo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2002
LU
Hi All,

I have a BCM System that’s not booting anymore. Now I would like to install the NORTEL Ghost Images CD (3 CD’s). In the documentation it says that I need an imaging tool as the CD1/3 is not bootable.

Does someone from you know how to get this tool? I have no idea. I couldn’t find the tool on the Nortel website, so I hope someone from you got an idea. Or eventually it is enough to use the standard Norton Ghost?

Regards

LKI

Hi Steve, I haven't got chance to use it yet, for sure I'll try that, now I'm waitting BIT do the imaging on site. I don't want try that on site.

Thanks guys, I'm learning......

MichaelCC

If you just need to image a good working hard drive I would suggest using a linux box or a linux boot disk to boot a pc and use the dd command it will make a bit-stream image of the working drive. This is the kind of image you would use for computer forensics, an exact duplicate so no worries about partitioning and what not.

You can can then swap out to the blank one and copy the image and once you have a good image you can make as many drives as you need. It is very easy and there are lots of how-to on using the dd command. Just be sure you dupe the right drive if you are not familiar with Linux drive naming conventions it can be confusing. I use the Linux dd command to make images of callpilot software before i upgrade them. Just in case.

Hope this makes sense, I study computer forensics so I know this image method is sound.

Signo

So far, I have cloned 5 HD using G4U for BCM 4.0. Works great!!! :)

mad006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back