Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing FlashPlayer along with VB.net2003 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frihi

Programmer
Jun 24, 2001
CH
Hi

I've recently upgraded my vb.net2002 app to 2003, mainly because of the possibility to include Framework and MDAC in the setup project.
This work fine as far, but I need to include also the FlashPlayer in the same setup. I have tried around with user-defined actions but it doesn't work. the FlashInstaller file is a self extracting exe. I made another vb-exe to start it, that works, but not inside the setup.

Anybody got an idea? Would be really nice. I would really like to include all components in one setup. Users always complain if they have to do it separately.

Thanks

Fritz

You could simply install the install.exe to your programs folder and call it the first time the user starts your program. Better still, force an internet download so they always have the latest version.

Thank you Mick

I have thought of this already, and if there is no way to do it along with the setup, I think it will be the solution. But I still think it might be possible, although it seems, that the possibilities of doing things like that are quite limited. The setup project only accepts a few predefined arguments. And the InstallFlashPayer.exe is claiming for some commandline option, which I have no idea what it could be.

Well, I continue trying ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back