Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing flash/shockwave player

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyv

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
CA
Hello I am having a hard time getting a simple flash movie to play in a web page that I am creating.

the flash movie works in flash no problem there

I am using dreamweaver to create the page
I insert the flash movie into the page and try to preview/play the movie. When I do this I recieve a msg telling me that the proper plugin needed to play this file type is not installed

I have installed the player for both flash and shockwave on my PC but this does not seem to help

So my question. Is installing the required flash media player onto my PC as striaght forward as it seems. Basiclly go to the Macromedia site and do a download and install of the player?

If so then has anybody out there had problems getting flash movies to play in web pages It seems like it should be very striaght forword??

thanks

Puzzling.

Is the default browser in Dreamweaver the same one that you've installed the plug-in for? Dreamweaver lets you select from multiple browsers in preview mode, maybe you're previewing with Netscape but have installed the plug-in for IE?

It's a long shot but you never know...

hello friend,
Your problem as you have stated is very vague. The proper player will be installed to your system automatically if you have specified the following parameter while embedding the flash object in html
codebase="Here, the flash player 6.0.29.0 will be downloaded, if the browser's flash player version is less than this provided you have Admin privilage on the system you use.
Hope this helps you,
Midhun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back