Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing FixPack 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchg

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
I previously had the DB2 client Enterprise Edition v. 7.1.3 and I was having problems trying to use any database object (table or view), as a datasource for a Crystal 9.2 report. I was told that I should upgrade and install FixPack 11, another person involved in my project successfully did that and they have no problem accessing the tables in DB2.

I tried to do that, I downloaded fixpack 11 and got a message at the start of the install that I had an older version of DB2 and needed to upgrade before installing fixpack 11. I downloaded and successfully installed fixpack 6, but I am still getting the same message at the onset of the install of FP 11. Here is the error message:

"A different DB2 product at an older release level already exists on this system. You must upgrade the existing DB2 product on the system before you will be able to complete this install."

I hit OK and I am kicked out of the installation.

I thought FP 6 was "new" enough to make the jump to fp 11.

Help!

DB2 has development client and admin client. Please make sure you have download the correct patch for the existing client. It sounded like you got the patch for a different client product.

Regards, Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back