Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Exchange SP3 Rollup questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

timoteo

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
I am trying to install the SP3 Rollup. I downloaded this file: Exchange2000-KB870540-v2-x86-ENU.exe and double clicked on it. It decompressed several files, shut down some services, and then installed the files. I then rebooted the server.

However, when I view the server properties under the Exchange System Manager, its says the server version is Build 6249.4 SP3 not Build 6603.1 as is should be.

SP3 was installed prior to installing the roll-up.

Did the roll-up install correctly but the Exchange is just displaying the incorrect value?

If not, what is the correct method to install it?

Is there another way to determine what patches you are running?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Timoteo

Did you find an answer to this??? I am having the same issue? Build stays the same!

-Wes

netadmin19355,

Yes I did find a solution.

The Exchange System Manager does not always report the proper information. There are 2 ways to check:

1. Look in the Add/Remove Programs and see if the roll up appears there.

2. Look at the properties information for any file that is updated by the patch. For example, store.exe should have a version number 6603.1

Sorry for the dead thread, normally I post the solution if I find it elsewhere. I hate lose ends!!

Hi guys,

I'm running on Exchange Cluster Servers, A & B, Win2k adv Svr.

Should I failover all active cluster services from Server A to Server B, before I install on Server A, then vice versa?

Do I need to stop the antivirus scanning services on the Exchange databases?

Please advise. Thanks.

Rgds,
libroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back