Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing EX 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenMan

MIS
Mar 15, 2001
US
I read another thread that had the same problem I am having, but the solution did not work. I'm trying to join an NT domain with 2000. I have the necessary permissions, but I keep getting an error under the Network ID tab of Systems applet right after I enter my user name and password to join the domain. The message says that the domain is not available. I went into the registry and changed "DefaultDomainName" to the domain I wanted but it just reverted back to the local computer name when I rebooted. Can anyone shed some light for a 2000 illiterate user?

LenMan

do this... make a new user (on domain) and give that user either domain admin priv, or just give the user "add workstation to domain" priv (well actually policy) and try to add the system to the domain, if that does not work try doing this other option, rename the machine and then try to add the machine to the domain...

TheOtherKiwi:
The error I received was just what I stated, "Could not add to the 'Domain', 'Domain' does not exist." And I've applied SP3 up to now.

Brettums:
I've done everything you've suggested except changing the name on the Server. I'll try that and repost.

Thanks,
Lenman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back