Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Epolicy agent software through script??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
CA
I would like to install McAfee Epolicy agent on the client workstations- specially on Windows 95/98 which have issues as remote administration and file sharing is not enabled on Windows 95 by default. in the pilot phase I manually install the "poaginst.exe"application by visiting each 95/98 client. The Windows NT and 2000 clients I can manage with out any issues.

Is it possible to install this application through a script?
If so please provide me some links.

Thanks. Mathew

Epolicy Agent -- An intelligent link between the ePolicy Orchestrator server and the anti-virus software that enforces policies at client computers. The agent collects incremental changes to policies and tasks from the ePolicy Orchestrator server, then executes the policies, installs any downloaded software on the client computer, and performs all scheduled tasks.

You can try out this very short installation script:

<start script>
@echo off
if exist C:\ePOAgent\aginst32.exe goto end
\\server\share\POAGINST.EXE /S
:end
<end script>

This will do a short check if the agent is already installed. If not, it will run the installer. If it's there, it will just end.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Try this one too:

if exist (&quot;c:\epoagent\naimas32.exe&quot;)
exit
else
use m: &quot;\\fileshare\update$&quot;
$msgselect = messagebox(&quot;The EPO Agent will be installed, please click
OK to proceed.&quot;,&quot;Epo Install&quot;,0)
run &quot;m:\epoagent\poaginst.exe&quot;
sleep 15
$msgselect = messagebox(&quot;The EPO Agent has been installed, please click OK to proceed.&quot;,&quot;Epo Install&quot;,0)
use m: /delete
endif
--------------------------------------

NOTE - Where &quot;\\fileshare\\update&quot; is the share on the network where POASINT.EXE resides.”

Thanks for the help.
It did not work, it is mapping the drive as well display the messages. I have used kixtart and batch files. but did not help.

Is run command understandable by w95/98?

Thanks. Mathew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back