Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing different versions of CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
Has anyone ever tried to install 2 versions of CMS (version 11 and version 12) on the same PC and what, if any, difficulties did you encounter?

Thanks!

I have version V9 and V12. What I had to do was yank out V9, adn reinstall it using the V12 CD. The V12 CD has all the previous versions of CMS that will interoperate with each other.

I just went through this last week. When you attempt to install V12, you'll get a prompt to uninstall V11. Decline to have it unintall/update the files and it'll install V12 by itself. I found that after V12 was installed, V11 no longer worked. To correct that, there is a copy of V9 & V11 on the V12 CD. I reinstalled V11 from the new CD it worked like a charm.

I also had V9 on my PC and that seemed to work fine after the V12 install. I didn't have a need to reinstall that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back