Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Desktop Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WP

Programmer
Nov 30, 1999
CH
Hi,<br><br>Hope someone can help.<br><br>I am a VB developer trying to install the Desktop Edition on my home PC.<br><br>I have installed the software but unable to start SQL Server.&nbsp;&nbsp;The help talks about<br>how SQLServer components run in a DOS boxes started by commands in the Startup folder.<br><br>I have never installed SQL Server. <br><br>I need help.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>WP <p>Bill Paton<br><a href=mailto:wpaton@neptune400.co.uk>wpaton@neptune400.co.uk</a><br><a href=

It's ok.<br><br>Now working.<br><br>Desktop Ed installed on win 98 and talking to vb&nbsp;&nbsp;... saves me having to have an NT server in the house :) <p>Bill Paton<br><a href=mailto:wpaton@neptune400.co.uk>wpaton@neptune400.co.uk</a><br><a href=

Let me add on this that MS SQL 7.0 Desktop edition can be installed on Windows 95 also but there are some pre-requisites.<br>1. Install dcom98 which install new verion for OLE automation<br>2. Install Internet Explore SP1 or above.<br>3. Install SQL 7.0 Desktop Edition.<br><br>If you have time to test this go head and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back