Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing DBD::mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

coben

Instructor
Apr 16, 2002
US
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I didn't know whether I should post this question in here or a linux forum or perl forum.

I installed MySql version 3.23.55 on a Linux 7.3 box. The src files are in the /usr/local/src directory. The mysql client has also been installed.

I was installing the DBD::mysql driver and it failed with the following messgage:

"Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169. readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171."

Another clue to the problem may also be seen when I try to stop the MySql server using Webmin. I get the error, "Failed to stop database: -1"

If these are separate problems could you comment on the this also?

I am new to linux and mysql so if you could be specific as to any files and their paths I may need to correct that would be helpful.

Many thanks.

Where did you install MySQL? If it was in a non-standard location, such as [tt]/usr/local/mysql[/tt], you would get that error.
About the other error, are you sure the MySQL daemon is even running? //Daniel

1. I downloaded the rpm to the /usr/local/src directory and installed it from both Webmin, and then when that didn't work, I uninstalled it and installed it from the command line using: rpm -i MySQL-3.23.55-1.i386 or something to that affect. I assume there were default directories because it didn't ask for any and I didn't tell it where to install it. Should I have the src files else where?

2. When I opened up MySQL in Webmin it said the server was running and to press this button to shut down the server. When I pressed the button I got that error.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back