Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing checkpoint R55

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkengineer

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
GB
I am a complete newbe to checkpoint i have a nokia ip 330 that i would like to study on i have brought a cd from checkpoint R55 ng the problem is that i do not know which file to upload to the nokia it says in the small book that comes with the cd "copy the IPSO wrapper to a ftp server" but i can not find a file with "ipso or Nokia" on the cd please could i get some help..

You would need to download the package from the CheckPoint site.
Assign an IP address to the box and access it using the Web browser. Go to config --> Network Services enable ftp server and you should be able to upload the files on the nokia box.

Telnet to the box and use the newpkg -i command to install the package

yeah, I don't think the IPSO packages are provided on the cd.. you may be lucky and have the packages already on the hard drive (in /opt somewhere) if not you will need to download from checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back