Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Callpilot reporter on a virtual server vs web server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneE

Programmer
Feb 22, 2007
AU
Hi guys got an issue here

We have callpilot Rls 4.0 and am trying to install callpilot manager and reporter on a standalone 2003 server.

Our issue is that during the install it stops at cprptic.dll and opens up an ODBC screen prompting me to enter all the data in there i.e user name and logon, databse name etc.

I cant see anywhere in the documentation where it states anything about setting up ODBC settings.

I think the issue is that we are using remote desktop to get to the server and install that way.

Do we need to install directly from the server itself, could remote desktop issues be what is causing the install to faiL?

make sure you're using console/admin mode on the RDC session.

from the run line, type mstsc /admin or mstsc /console, the command is dependent on the OS in question...sorry, but i don't remember which goes to which OS at the moment.

/admin = XP Svc pack3 and all vista flavors
/console = XP Sp2 and below, pluse Win 2000, 2003

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

It is still coming up with same issues.

Would it be possible to install the manager/reporter software on a symposium 4 server?

Not if you want symposium to keep working. symposium requires a dedicated server for a reason. Real time call processing and it needs to use all resources for this application when needed.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Ok cheers.

Sorry for sounding stupid, i just got thrown into getting this reporter working and no matter what i try it wont work.

It would be simple if the customer used an actual physical server and not a virtual server.

I may have to have a word to them and say we need a proper one.

Thanks for your help guys.

I don't think any Nortel application works on a virtual server. The customer needs to provide the hardware and software the meets specifications.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Yeah i understand, thats what we told them originally, but when we arrived on site they had a virtual server installed.

Thanks for your help guys, i will get them to get a physical machine, as i know i have got it working in the past that way.

Cheers guys.

Callpilot reporter is supported on an XP machine surely the site has a desktop they could use for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back