Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Avaya IP Office™ Platform R12 Contact Recorder

dave_jey2004

Vendor
Oct 3, 2024
Hi,

I've installed IP office R12 server edition and with voicemail pro. If the user/administrator want to retrieve the call recording from the webpage, what is the link and how do i configure the login username and password for the Administrator and Supervisor

Please assist and advice. Thank you.

Last edited:
Expand a bit more as most of that posed more questions that you need to answer first.

- "Contact Recorder" - Not supported with R12.0, its Media Manager. Are you saying that you've upgraded from a system that had Contact Recorder?

For Media Manager:

- Administrators can access recordings through a browser using IP Office Web Manager (Applications | Media Manager | Recordings).

- By default, the same administrator service user account used for the install has access to that. You can create other accounts with just access the Media Manager admin menus using the IP Office security settings.

- Individual users access recordings through a browser using the IP Office User Portal application. You need to configure which users can do that and what recordings they can access though their user settings in IP Office Web Manager or IP Office Manager.

Long short, read https://documentation.avaya.com/bundle/IPOfficeMediaManager/page/Accessing_Recordings.html

No, its not upgraded from Contact Recorder and Yes, its using Media manager

Assuming I am the Supervisor/ Team lead of the team want to access the Recording webpage/browser retrieve the calls for quality and reference purpose.
Which and what URL should i use to access the browser?

Administrators can access recordings through a browser using IP Office Web Manager (Applications | Media Manager | Recordings).> Yes correct agreed.

But Supervisor/Team lead should not access the IP Office Web Manager (Applications | Media Manager | Recordings) as it for Administrator only.

Then you need to grant permissions to one of your Users (the ones that you use with extensions) to access just the Media Manager.
Your Team leader won't have full rights/permissions. He will log into the User Portal and from there he will be able to access (only) Media Manager.
The documentation linked is pretty straight forward.

As I said, read. You'll find one of the administrator options of access is recordings only access (it is possible to create administrators with all kinds of access to view things but not change them, the menus and options shown when they login to IP Office Web Manager adjust to match their login). Otherwise, treat them as users and configure their IP Office User Portal access to recordings.

Yes correct, documentation is straight forward. I was thinking example >> https:// <IP adddress>:9444 >> to access the URL and retrieve the recording

But the user/Team lead only able retrieves its own EXT recording right? not all the EXT's belongs the team....

Yes.
Then in that case, just go sizbut's route.
His way you'll be able to have a user that can manage all user's recordings.

you can activate the the user portal for the supervisor from IPO Manager App choose the users tab >> then select the supervisor user or create one for him the >>
navigate to the user portal tab and check the " enable user portal " check box and check " enable media manager replay " check box and the under related 3 check boxes.
save the configuration then open a web browser and use this link
https://server IP address:7444/userportal/index.html

login with the user name and password that already determined in the user first tab.

or as the guys mentioned above >> from the security settings you can create a service user for the supervisor and a service group with media manager access permission only.
then assign this supervisor user to the new service group.

then you he can login with the credentials you created for him in the Web Manager link.
https://server IP address :7070

@M_A I'm not the OP but I have a doubt. Going the User Portal route, will the Team leader only be able to listen to his recordings? Or will he also be able to hear other recordings from the remainder team elements?
Also, going the Web Manager route, is there a way to isolate that team leader in order for him to listen to recordings of his team and not from other teams? I was under the impression that enabling through Web Manager the user get access to all recordings, I mean system-wide. Am I right?
Cheers

yes, my friend John. you are right.

for monitoring the recording for his team only and not the other teams and members you must use the user portal only not the web manager.
this is the only way.
on the user portal config. we can enable to download or listen to his recording only or the whole system recordings.
or download and listen to his team or monitoring groups recordings as well.

the web manager will allow the supervisor to download and listen to all recordings.
but on user portal config we can mange what he can do.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back