Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing Autocad 14 on an MS XP Office system

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleondynamite

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
I would like to install my company's vrsion or Autocad 14 on my desktop (networked), which runs Microsoft XP Office. When trying to install, the setup file will not execute. Any tips?

This probably has more to do with your operating system than it does Office. But, since you are running Office XP, I can only assume you are on least Windows2000. The bad news here is AutoCAD 14 probably isn't going to run at all on anything greater than WindowsNT 4.0. But you may get lucky -- if you can, disable any and all but the most necessary applications and then try your install. At a bare minimum, you will have to disable the anti-virus software.

HTH
Todd

Consider using the Compatibility Wizard to install any non-XP software, assuming you're running on XP Windows(?).

Start-> Help&Support-> FindCompatibleHW&SW->
seeAlso-> ProgramCompatibilityWizard...

Various versions of AutoCad have been installed and run successfully on XP this way. Give yours a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back