Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Apps on in WIndows CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpk613

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am trying to install an Application to an Hp pocket pc but am having a few issues. One being the setup.exe file I am installing, it downloads some dll's before it runs the setup. The problem is it downloads the dll's to the pc not the handheld pc. I can use activesync to get the other files there but I am not sure how to get the dll's on the pocket pc that are needed for the app to run. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is my experience with EVB setup.

After you run the setup wizard, leaves some files in a selected directory, one of them is a new directory called "CD1" double click there and you can find setup.exe, run it.

It will use activesync and install all of the needed files for the program to run.

Now, I do not know if you are using the evb setup wizard, there you can add "cab" files (with evb runtime files) to run the application and you can add files needed for your application.

I hope this can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back