Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Application with two Project Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGP

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
GB
I have created an application that uses two '.vbp' files. I now want to distribute my program on cd-rom. What would be the easiest way using visual basic 5 Package And Deployment Wizard to do this. Do I need to run the 'Package And Deployment Wizard' seperately for each .vbp' file or is it possible to do them together, so that when a user installs the program, they are both installed together?
many thanx.

AGP,
I haven't tried to do this, but logically this should work. You would have to build your secondary project as an *.exe or *.dll (whatever one you need). Open your primary project and make a reference to your resultant *.exe file. The PDW should read the necessary files for your secondary file and include them with your installation for your primary project.

One thing I worry about is the PDW not seeing the use of your reference to the secondary *.exe and cleaning that out of your primary build. But if so, you can always select the secondary *.exe and any reliant files to include in the PDW.

Good luck.

Hi!

The alternative is to modify PDW. It's not so hard. Source code is in VB install dir.

Regards!
Ales Zigon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back