Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Aloha server on new box

Status
Not open for further replies.

IThelper1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2013
US
What is the best way to replace my main terminal/sever for Aloha 4.2? Guessing I can't use the setuptrm to create a new install from terminal 2?

Thank you!

I did try to use the setup program, but get key errors as it loads.

Make sure that your ALOHASEC key numbers are correct within the Aloha.ini within your data/newdata dir. If they are not, correct them in NEWDATA/Aloha.ini and refresh. Then try and install your terminal via the setupTrm.

PS: what the heck are you doing on Aloha 4.2? Is this a system not used in production?

Thanks posignite! It's for a friend who has been using the system for 17 years. Amazing it's been working this long....

No prob. Let me first let you know that I don't sell POS order entry software. That being said, you need to upgrade your software to at least 5.3 (really you should be at 6.0+) to be fully PCI compliant, or find some newer software. It's kind of a big deal, credit cards are not secured from plain view and there is potential of card numbers showing up on a receipt. You can get fined from your credit card processor for it pretty hefty. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The one good thing here is they are not using it to handle credit cards. We will replace it at some point soon, but my goal was to make it less urgent so they can review what else is out there and not be rushed into anything. :)

Oh in that case, it doesn't make a difference. Have fun with that though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back