Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a Storagetek L20 on Solaris 10 - Basic help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslatton

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
US
Our organization has been given a Storagetek L20 to do our backups to. Unfortunately, known of our SA's have the knowledge needed to install one of them.

Currently, the L20 has been setup without the server. Meaning it has been configured per the Installation Manual. What is needed is the process by which it should be attached to the Sun server running Solaris 10.

We plan on running it in LVD/SE mode and have all the cables ready. The question is what to do to Solaris 10 to get it to recognize it. And once recognized, what backup software do you recommend? Is Amanda any good for Tape Libraries?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

OK so solaris recognizes it without any intervention. The Amanda question still stands though. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

As far as i know, Amanda is not supported for SUN/STK libraries. I have worked on a case trying to get this config to work, and tried everything you could think of, without success.
I would suggest you goig to comercial solutions like NBU, TSM, LEgato, DP, TINA, and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back