Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a C-lan card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXKID

Programmer
Sep 8, 2002
CA
I purchases a TN799B C-lan and would like to install it into my G3r V9 for ASA. Can anyone point me to the proper documentation on the Avaya site for installing a C-lan card into my switch and setting it up? Or could someone just explain the proper procedure to install it, with just a few screen shots from ASA, to go with it.

Thanks
The KID

I'm 90% sure you need a TN799 version C or greater for Station Admin Terminal (SAT). I don't think the B version will work.

-CL

1) 'change node-name ip' and assign a name and IP address to the C-LAN board.
2) 'change ip-interface' and enter the slot, C-LAN name, subnet, and network region. Change the enabled field to a 'y'.
3) 'add data-module xxxx'. Use a type 'ethernet' and port 17 of the slot that the C-LAN board is plugged into.
4) 'change ip-services' and enter the board name, the port number that you will use (5000, 5111, etc.) Remote Port ='any' and enable the port.
From ASA add the IP address assigned in step 1 and the port number used in step 4.

Kevin

Can anyone tell me if using Definity software R9.5 if you can use firmware vintage 9 or 10 on the TN799DP boards.
Note from READ ME file

Required:
Definity R10 Software or greater.
A TN799DP C-LAN circuit pack with Ethernet connection.
Browser Access to the Customer Support Web site ( or another way to get the target file.
FTP application on your PC or Local Computer.
Target Board: TN799DP (C-LAN)
Inads, dadmin, craft or a customer login that has been enabled
for system maintenance.

Thanks for the quick response from everyone, but can anyone confirm that I will need to get TN 799C board instead of a TN 799B to run ASA on my G3r V9.

Thanks again

I'm not sure about the b vs c thing, we are running c's. If you send me an email, I have put together a word doc with screen shots on adding a c-lan board. I'd be glad to send it to you. tmckee@triwest.com.

RTMCKEE

Thanks again for the info RTMCKEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back