Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a back up from a 7.0 CM to a new 7.1.2 CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Morning all,
This system was installed by a vendor and the documentation provided was incorrect. Now we are tasked with reconfiguring. Anyone see any issues with loading the translations of one CM that is correct and in production to this new one that is also in production? My concern is that it will change the IP, DNS ECT and cause a conflict.

Thank you,

You should probably read up on that... but, briefly...

You install a pre-upgrade patch first. There'a pre-upgrade patch for the release you're going to for each version of CM before. Say, put the 7.1.2 preupgrade patch on 6.3.whatever and the backup you take from 6.3.whatever can now be restored on a 7.1.2

Then you have 3 parts to the backup: OS, Security and XLN. Think "IPs and stuff" "accounts" and "the call processing database". In theory, you could just restore the XLN and build out everything else in the webpage differently. Be careful though, procr=systemIP and is part of the OS backup, so if you install a new server in your lab next to an existing one, set a new IP and restore all 3 parts of the backup, you'll have an IP conflict.

Thanks kyle555,
What I did is I took a snap shot of the 7.1.2 first. I then did a translation back up (ACP) then I went to the standby of the 7.1.2 and restored using that file. It told us to pound sand stating this is from another server. So the answer is no you can't cheat without a copy of Provision.

Thank you,

Whoah. Don't snapshot! Quiescing the filesystem slows things down. On a CM duplex, that's enough to miss a few millisecond heartbeats and kick both active/standby live and into split brain!

Use the preupgrade patch and your backup from 7.0 will be good for current.

You should have a check box available during the restore to force the restore even if from another server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back