Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installin and Configuring Event server on Win NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananta77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2006
US
Hi Guys,

Need one more quick help.

I want to configure/install event server on my local Win NT server. Also to test several maps with the same.

Can anyone provide me the details about how to go for this?

Thanks !

Best Regards,
Ananta

Can u be more specific?

What version? Will your local box also have Design Studio? Is it NT or Windows?k or XP? Are there additional components you'll be installing, like HIPAA Integration Package, Event Agent, Commerce Manager or Management Tools?

Are you looking for installation or setup tips?

Do you have the NT install? BTW, NT is no longer supported.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Sorry guys,

kinda busy with some prod issues.

It's on XP, Mercator6.5, Yes I've already installed studio on my local m/c.

It shows me event server monitor menu as well..under mercator6.5- -> menu. Also it has mgmt console.

Am not aware of HIPAA Integration Package.

e.g. if i launch event server monitor, it ask me to configure/specify event server to monitor. am not sure, how to run this server , even how to check whether I've event server installed on my local m/c.

6.5 not supported on XP. Read the docs. You have to start Event Server Service (Windows Service Tab). Before thsat you have to set up EventServeradmin info. Need a valid .msl to run.
BTW, 6.5.? what build?

BocaBurger

You need to install the Event Server software. Are you licensed for it? If so it should be on your installation CD. It creates a windows service. But as Boca says you need NT for 6.5.

Or W2k.

BocaBurger

Thanks Guys for your time n help.

Lemme go for NT now. Actually for pack it says.. Mercator6.5[211].

Better go for Win2k. If you call IBM, you won't be supported on NT, since it was sunsetted by MS.

You have 6.5.2 last service pack (sp2).

BocaBurger

I ran 6.5.2 on an XP machine for a short period of time. Didn't really have any problems to speak of. Had more problems with the Oracle client.

Install by the book and you shouldn't have any problem until you call support.

After the install you need to configure the Event Server Admin, Probably OK to use the default port settings and if you aren't using Java you can probably ignore the advanced and options tabs.

Monitor and Manager will not work until Admin is configured and Windows Mercator Event Service is started. Whenever you deploy a new system file you need to restart the Event Services. When you redeploy an existing system you can just restart the Manager.

The documentation should tell you what settings to use and how to configure various tools.

I have run 6.5, including the Event Server for local testing, on XP for 2.5 years now without a problem. It may not be supported, but I have yet to find any issues related to XP.

If you will be running your systems for production data, you should move to NT as a server.

-Mike

Is a support issue only. IBM gets sticky about running on sunsetted OS'.

BocaBurger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back