Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installed SP 1 w/Norton Internet Security running what will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleezhelp

Technical User
Jan 2, 2005
PH
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I installed SP1 windows XP and SP1 (Express). I thought I was doing my husband a big favor. However, after reading a question above looks like I made a mess of things.

I did not turn off my anti-virus program. I was running Norton Internet Security 2002 while installing the above 2 programs. What problems will this cause?

The only problem I have noticed is that some pictures on websites are only a blank box with a red x in the upper left corner.

I went to Macy's website and most of the clothing pictures were gray boxes with a red x in the upper left corner.

What do I need to do so the pictures will all appear? Do I have to reinstall the SP1 programs again?

I would appreciate you input.
Thanks,
Joyce.

Did you chose to back up your o/s files during the SP1 install?? (This will give you the option to un-intall SP1)

Hi Taki186,

Yes, I chose to back up files during installation.

Taki186,

Where to I look to find the uninstall SP1 option?

Thanks,
Joyce.

DrDisme,

I went into C drive, program files, Internet Explorer, and there is an IE Uninstall.

What is the differece of using the IE Uninstall compared to start-settings-control panel-add/remove programs?

Thank for the help.
Joyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back