Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash000

Technical User
Dec 10, 2006
GB
Hey,
I just wanna know if anyone can help me here.
I have purchased Macromedia Studio 8 and wher i try to install it it comes up with this error message:
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

Well i have heard so far that you go somewhere called:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installations\Programs

And you have to remove the Key that has no Source List.

But i don't know what it means by that.
Can anyone help to explain this more and help me resolve this so i can install Macromedia?

Thanks alot peeps for listening.

It is an absolute shame, but I dont have XP Home, so it is hard to see what can possibly be going wrong.

If you have tried switching off your security software already and it didn't help, perhaps you wish to uninstall some programs that could possibly conflict.

It is strange however that this doesn't happen with other software you are trying to install.

Macromedia flash paper is really weird. Perhaps look in your software list and see if you can find it there.

Remember that changing the registry can stop your pc from functioning.

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

i have taken a look in my add/remove programs, and i have Macromedia ColdFusion in there,
really weird, so should i uninstall that?

also i have Macromedia Flash Player (Obviously).

but i have a load of little weird ones, things that just have numbers and letters for a name,
i dont know if they are just settings for the system or something else.

Hmmm,
you sure your security stuff is working well?
Try installing Microsoft Defender. It may just pick up on these weird programs.. Sounds a bit like spyware stuff and malware.

So, perhaps a bit of cleaning up will help.
Uninstall ColdFusion if required, but first try cleaning up.

You may want to goto as well and type some of those program names there and see what you find....

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

i think its just the installation things.
i have now uninstalled ColdFusion but its still not installing.

this one has really puzzled me as to why it wont install.

is there anything else that we can try?

This one is puzzling....
You seem to be in the right groups,
no empty registry key things,
you switched your security software off and tried again without result,
Perhaps now is the time to get yourself another copy or try this copy on another machine?

Cause I can't really think of much else.
One thing we sometimes do is to create a new user account on the PC, give it admin rights and try with that user account....

i will set up another account first, try and install with that,
if that fails then i will try it on another computer..

hey,
well i tried it on another account first, but still no luck.
but i havent yet tried it on another computer.

so it must be a setting on my computer thats stopping it as it wouldnt install on another account either...

Or the cd is crap.
Well you will find out when trying this on another pc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back