Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash000

Technical User
Dec 10, 2006
GB
Hey,
I just wanna know if anyone can help me here.
I have purchased Macromedia Studio 8 and wher i try to install it it comes up with this error message:
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

Well i have heard so far that you go somewhere called:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installations\Programs

And you have to remove the Key that has no Source List.

But i don't know what it means by that.
Can anyone help to explain this more and help me resolve this so i can install Macromedia?

Thanks alot peeps for listening.

i am the administrator of the computer im the only user on that computer.

I suppose it's more of a Windows issue so you may want to post it to the relevant forum, but have you tried right click > run as > admin ? Also if you have older software installed try uninstalling them first.

Kenneth Kawamoto

i have also tried the run as option, but that also failed.
this is the first sofeware of irts kind that i am installing.

i found some info on the adobe site about what i put in my first post.

but if you know and could just tell me what a Key in here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROT\Installer\Products a key without a source list looks like.

thanks

well, i might do, its just that i dont know what a key without one looks like m8.
was hoping that you would tell me plz.

thanks

now there must be a bad problem,
they all have source lists.

so it should install, but it still dont.

Hi flash000,
which windows version are we talking about?
2000/2000 pro/ xp home/ xp pro?

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Hi,
perhaps you have in your control panel an administrative tools option?

And when you click that you may have something called 'Local security policy'.

If you haven't had a look around in there, it is worth doing so. It has a lot of policy settings, including some Software restriction policy.

If you have already looked there and can't find anything, let me know. And please let me know if the problem only occurs with Flash or with just about any program you try to install?

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Hi,
I don't have anything in there called Local Security Policy.
I have checked around all of the things and still can't find it.

Well this error occurs in this programs installation as you know, but i doesn't occur in everything.

I once had this same error before, i can't remember what i was trying to install then but i never found out why it wouldn't install and never installed that program.

This error is occuring when i try to install any of the macromedia programs, Flash and Dreamweaver, but figured if i find the problem to install Flash then it would solve the problem to installing Dreamweaver aswell.

Any more ideas for this?

Thanks

I saw people saying the same thing, but they had installed the trial version of Studio 8 in XP Home before trying installing the full version. But your case is different, isn't it?

Kenneth Kawamoto

Just thinking,
you don't have any kind of Norton system secure or virus checker running do you? Norton seems to be very good in creating trouble.

Also, check which security groups you are a member of:
Goto Start - run - and type: control userpasswords2

This will open a nice screen with options to see user groups and whom belongs to what. Just make sure that you are in the administrators group and that you aren't a member of any conflicting groups that restrict your access.

If this all doesn't help, please let me know where you found the support page from Adobe you refer to in you earlier posting

to kennets post: i do have XP Home but did not download the trial first, just bought it straight away without trial.

i did go to: control userpasswords2

it brought up a screen with me on, with Administrators under the group section.

and no, i dont use Norton anti virus, i use a different security system.

this is the page that i found that ifo on:

Ok, except from trying to switch off your security software you could try a more drastic solution which may work.

In the registry editor find and delete
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\503C5DB272B114D46B09A71671D2F2BE
Just make sure it is indeed the Flash related key first.

hmm, not that i can see of, i dont have a code called that.
there are various other folder names around that are not in Installer\Products called things like: Flash factory and theres actually one called: Macromedia Flash paper.

i have no clue how that has even got there.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back