Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Udir

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
US
Can I install office on a Citrix server without having to have all the log out of the server before doing the install?

Afraid not. Either you or the server will set itself up in install mode, which means that any user that is on at that point will also be using the server in install mode, IE BAD!

Sorry.

BTP

I understand it is not something that is wanted, but I only publish seamless applications to the users, so they do not have desktop access. Can it be done, or does it create problems???

Install all applications from the console, with no users logged in.

Make sure you use add/remove programs or change user /install.

Doing it any other way will cause problems. There is no other option unless you want to spend lots of $$$$$ to bring and expert in to fix it anyways.

Trust me from experience, staying late, doing it after hours or kicking everyone off the server for 20 minutes will more than save you time and money in the long run.

Also, if you have more than one server, just publish all your apps on the one server

How you publish the app has no bearing on this.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back