Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation problem "SU0173" error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitemtntn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
US
I have the FULL version of ME. It goes through the very first part of the install and then suddenly gives me this "..SU0173 error, Setup cannot continue, contact the manufacturer of your PC.." (Compaq Presario).
This particular SU error is not listed on Microsoft's site. I have FDISKed this hard drive and allowed the ME installation to format it. I meet the minimum requirements for installation.
Does anyone have any ideas what this is about, or how I can get around this?
thanx, WHITEMTNTN

Thanks, you're awesome. I looked all over the web for info about this error. How did u find it?
-Whitemtntn

Thanks fella! I had the same problem with a copy I got bundled with my new laptop - i'm bloody impressed!

THANK You my man, I've looked just about everywhere (worst part about it, is that I work for Compaq, I'm a tech. I've searched far and wide and this is the first time i've seen a ray of hope... much obliged.

Dude, you rock. Been up all night trying to get around that error message, and now I can finally get some sleep. Thanks again

I have the FULL version of ME. It goes through the very first part of the install and then suddenly gives me this "..SU0173 error, Setup cannot continue, contact the manufacturer of your PC.."

Thanxs for this!!

3 hours of of trying had an end!

Thanks a lot!

When will you post the precopy1.cab for dell??

Yeah thank me too! I started this thread. What is this, the Academy Awards?
-WhiteMtntn

I just get annoyed by how many people have taken credit for fixing this by linking to my website or posting my files. If you look back in the computing.net forums from way back when, you would know that I was the first to fix the problem. Most people do email me with their thanks.

The link for precopy1 is no longer active.
Does anybody know where it can be downloaded from??
Thanks

apparently this link does not seem to work anymore.
but i'm badly in need of the info that was in there. i need some kind of workaround for a SU0173 error.

so Brendrek, or any others who have this info, please let me know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back