Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Package via GPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

juruk

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
I am trying to deploy office package via GPO and everything is working fine on all of my machines on the network except on my dell gx270 PC’s. I realized that the machines are booting up very quickly and it Is not able to connect to the domain controler. In the event viewer I am getting

the event id 5719 No Domain Controller is available for domain MPS due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. .
Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

So I am aware of this problem and my question is if anyone knows how can I “SLOW” the machine to boot slower and be able to get the installation point and pull the package. Do I have to do something on the machine itself or do I have to play with my network and switches on the network.
Any help appreciated

Juruk

There is a setting in Group Policy under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Always wait for the network computer at computer startup and logon.

We had to enable this policy on our network for the Dell XP machines to pull GPO's.

Thanks fuller772 for your reply, however i am still having the same problem. I enable your suggested option and still having the same problem. In your case did you enable the option at the deafuul GPO?? or the one that you have created for particular OU. I also tried to enable the same option on the local GPO yet i have the same problem. If you have any other suggestions i'll be very greatfull.
Thanks,
Juruk

It's enabled at every Computer OU what we have setup. For some computers that still wouldn't pull software installs, I went ahead and rejoined the computers to the domain and that seemed to take care of it. Might be worth a shot on at least one.

Thanks mikiemov your link worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back