Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation on NT -Need Help ASAP-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarth

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
JP
I´m trying to install On Line Dynamic Server Version 7.23 on Windows 2000. I follow all the steps most till the end of the installation process then it says "your INFORMIX-On line Dynamic server is being initialized" and hangs there.

I have also tried havig the automatic installation not to start the server . Then I go to the services panel and start it manually with the -iy parameters but when I enter the Command Center I can not move the server to On-Line mode.

I have also checked the ONCONFIG file but I find Nothing abnormal.

Please help me, i´m on a deadline here

Thank you all.

Eduarth,
Just saw your post - I work with Unix not PC versions of Informix. In the Unix versions you can add a parameter (-v) which represents verbose mode. It tells you every step of the oninit process as it is performed. Maybe this will work on your PC . . .
Rich S

Nope, it didn´t work. I believe it can't be installed on Windows 2000 nor in NT with service pack 4.0 upward. I will keep on trying though til I get a better solution.

I have started the server manually. It´s not online though, but has an alarm "Storage offline, Mirror Active".
I used the onstat -d command on the Command line utilities and it says "shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER ´Maximus´".
then I thought I should check the logs and the sagent.log says "19/01/1901 10:22:02 - The database server timed out before changing the mode. Try changing the mode again."

while the online.log shows the following message:
Fri Jan 19 14:19:46 2001

14:19:46 DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off)
14:19:48 KAIO: error in kaio_read, kaiocbp = c1ac128, errno = 0
14:19:48 fildes = 264 (gfd 3), buf = c3ea400, nbytes = 4096, offset = 8192
14:19:48 chunk failed sanity check

14:19:49 I/O error, Primary Chunk 'D:\IFMXDATA\Maximus\rootdbs_dat.000' -- Offline (sanity)
14:19:49 INFORMIX-OnLine Stopped.

finally the alert.log shows:

19/01/1901 14:19:52 Storage Offline, Mirror Active:7709184

Can anyone help me qith this?
thank you all, you've been very helpfull

Eduarth,
Sounds as if your primary root chunk is hosed (?) and it's mirror chunk is online. Again, I don't know where you could check the chunk error messages in NT (in Unix I would look at /var/adm/messages to find out if I/O errors exist with that particular device).
How about looking at the NT Event Viewer (found in %SystemRoot%\system32) - it may contain some useful information.
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back