Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of VMU MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat2000

Technical User
Aug 19, 2001
AU
G'day from Down Under!
I have installed a few Norstar MICS/CICS systems but have not installed Voice Messaging. I have aquired a 2 port VMU I would like to set-up on my test bench but do not have install instructions. I have the VMU System Admin Manual but nothing to explain hardware install. I'm guessing it connects to any spare station port, but what next??

Any help would be appreciated

Mick
AUSTRALIA

Evenin from the Wets Coast of BC...

Connect your VMU to the last pair that you have a DN free... ie connect to DN 36 on a Compac 6/16.
The VMU should auto detect which one it's on. I am making an assumption that this voice mail unit is a Norstar Flash or NAM. Using Feature 9*1 or if your flash is older F 910... you will be able to see if the F access codes are the default ones... F981 - F987. Allow quite a long time for the unit to boot before trying the initialization and accessing other features If you need to initialize the unit 1st check software compatabilities which if you don't have the install book may be hard and who knows what Nortel sends south.... but to initialize do F 983 266344 266344 and the Vmail will take you through the set up. That's about it. If your KSU reports Fearure inactive, then use F938378 266344 (press) First. This will clear any old Flash or NAM handshake codes in the KSU. If you want to check software compatabilities between KSU and Norstar Voice Mail send me both releases and I'll look them up for you.

Cheers and good luck
Darroch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back