Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of Video Driver in Reloading Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmwar

Instructor
Oct 13, 2002
US
HD was reformatted on a Gateway Win98 using FDISK and Format. Gateway's restoration disk said to load Operating Syetem after drivers were reloaded. Win98 installation was smooth until near the end when Plug & Play search was made. An error message came up relating to MONSETUP @ dirapi.dll. The screen stopped. Although it said not click on anything, after a very long interval, I did click OK. Only the SVA driver for the monitor loaded allowing only 16 colors instead of 256. The Monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster using SyncMaster 760TFT/760VTFT. This latter information is shown in Monitor Setup was chosen to install as the one installed wa Standard PCI VGA for SyncMaster760TFT.

All software reloaded all right. The single problem is with the number of colors that can be selected.

I worked with Device Manager without any solution.

I hope my stiuation is clear. The solution is unclear. I have used the SyncMater CD to try to solve the problem but get error message that the file 760tft.icm cannot be found.

Thank you.

fmwar

Right click on the desktop and choose properties/settings/advanced/monitor/change/ask it to display drivers in a specific location...then choose have disk and point it to the drivers on whatever media (CD or floppy)

Solution was simple. Video driver did not load. Now that it is loaded, every thing is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back