Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of SP4 for ArcServe client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelo43

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
AU
Anyone HELP!!!

One of our customers is trying to upgrade their Arcserve client from SP3 to SP4 before they install a client for Oracle. But whenever they begin the installation, the setup.exe hangs, stays hung for about 2 minutes, the story ends with Dr.Watson error. Nothing seems to be working, they and I have tried everything (I mean EVERYTHING!!!).

Any ideas???

Cheers,
Michael.

Tried deinstalling the client agent, then reinstall it with the latest CD-ROM of ARCserve 2000 ( which has sp3 included ) and then apply sp4 ??

Stopped all ARCserve services before reinstalling ??

regards

Hi,

We had a similar problem here. I was trying to SP the Client Agent and found that an old defunct install of Oracle was causing the SP to hang and fail.

By removing Oracle, SP went on fine.

Obviously you need to keep Oracle, but I hope this might shed some light. (Seem to remember Event Viewer pointed to a particular dll).

Good luck

Cheers

Ross

How do you get a copy of this CD with SP3 included will Arcserve send you this free or for a nominal fee if you own Arcserve 2k?? Thanks :)

HI,

You can download Sp3 from the CA site...

You can extract it and then install the agent..

speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back