Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of Oracle9i AS on Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuppoor

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
US
I am trying to install oracle 9i Application Server Release 2. I want to deploy Oracle Forms application on the web. During installation and configuration of Oracle9iAS infrastructure, it fails at 44%. I got an error ORA-12560 TNS protocol adaptor error and most of the Configuration Assistant tool's failed. can I get a help to install?

satish

Hi
Check that your hardware reuirements matches it especially RAM It may require more than 256 MB RAM 4 it

Hope it helps

Marium

Hi
Check that your hardware reqirement matches it especially RAM It may require more than 256 MB RAM 4 it

Hope it helps

Marium

I encountered the same problem. My server computer has 2GBytes of RAM. It must be some other causes. Any new idea on what is wrong?

Hi. I dont know where you are from but my server is W2K SP3 with 512 mb ram and faced with the same problem because my regional settings was not english. when I changed the region and language settings to english (USA)problem was fixed. It is not related with Ram or other HW stuff. I hope it works.

Efruz

I hope you fixed you problem.
During recent days I have reinstalled few times 9iAS R2
on same machine and installation reported some errors and I have to stop. If your problem is not memory size, please be sure that when installing 9iAS again remove all traces of previous instalation (we have forgotten once to remove
ORACLE directory in C:/Program Files/ORACLE or so on disk C,
as we were concentrating on removing 9iAS installation folders from disk D: where we targeted installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back