Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of Office 2000 Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

momegbert

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have Windows 98 on my Compaq computer. I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2000 but every time it gets to the installation dialog box the entire computer freezes up. I can't even Ctl-Alt-Del to get out. Help!

I thought I checked but will do again when I get home. Also is it alright not to install all the applications such as I have Outlook through my cable service, don't really use power point, etc. I think that option is available in the custom set up.

You can install as little as one applet or the whole suite, it's up to you. There's no problem not installing things you don't use. I don't use Outlook, so I don't install it. And most of my systems don't need PowerPoint or Access so that isn't installed either. Word and Excel are just about always installed. Do a custom installation and spend the time to look at all the options. (And there is a lot of them.)

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back