Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of Disaster recovery option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonello

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
IT
Hello, i want to use the Disaster recovery option of Arcserve 2000, this is my configuration:

Windows 2000 sp3 Adv server DC
Exchange 5.5

Arcserve 2000 SP4
Tape library option
Exchange option
After 7 month of problems and paches now Arcserve work well and i would like to use the Disaster recovery.

I have read the CA documentation but if enyone have some tips is welcome.

Thanks

HI,

Just make sure that you have SP4 applied on both ARcserve and all the client agents\options..

Please read thru the FAQ for DR on this forum...

cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I'm in much the same boat, but all of our servers have been moved to Win2K SP3 and according to CA: "At this time the portion of the Disaster Recovery Option boot kit creation which prompts for a Windows 2000 CD, does not support Windows 2000 CDs which are integrated with Windows 2000 Service Pack 3." The link is here:
If you are going to use the Disaster Recovery Option, you'll have to use SP2-integrated CDs even though your system data will be at SP3 level. I'm still waiting for CA to come out with a patch, but as of yet I have heard nothing about a possible date.

Thanks very helpfull.
Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back