Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of ActiveX ICA client

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWK

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2000
US
I am running some applications over the web and would like to have the ICA ActiveX client automatically install. This did work at one time and recently stopped working. Below is the current cabLoc variable as set when I published the application.

var cabLoc = "
The location above no longer installs the client so I moved the cab file to my local server as indicated below.

var cabLoc = "
The problem is it wants to perform a full install now instead of just installing the ActiveX piece. The installation type appears to be controlled by the #Version=4,2,274,317 parameter after the wfica.cab. Can someone provide a listing of what the numbers control and how this can be modified to install only the ActiveX control again. The URL for the application is
Thank you :)

The numbers #Version=4,2,779,0 is the version of the ICA client that gets installed. Right now you are pushing out the fulll PN client through your code, the client install just for the ActiveX is wficat.cab, try putting this file in the place of the wfica.cab file and modify your web code to.

Change
to

This should solve your problem

TB :)

TB,

Thanks for the information, the wficat.cab file corrected the problem.

BWK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back