Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlarson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
US
I am working on a clients W2K servers and they have the ARCServe 2000 ver. 7 install on the C drive (on both), which is only 2GB. Why the person that setup the servers put it on a 2GB partition is beyond me. Anyway, I went to uninstall and ADD/REMOVE programs wouldn't do it. Made sure all services and engines were stopped before I tried and no go. So I amnually deleted the files and went through the registry. It will now let me start the install but when it gets to the point of copying files it stops and asks for disk 1. They only have one disk in the box the software came in. Is there more than one disk for the arcserve install. This is my first time installing arcserve (veritas guy myself) and don't know if there are multiple disks.
Scomed the web, read the install manual on the web, searched the CA support site, didn't want to pay $95 to open a new incident with CA, and their free email support can take up to 48 hours for a response.
Any info on this process and contents of the box the software came in would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

ARCserve 2000 did come on two CDs. The second one has the SAN, NAS, and Serverless backup options. An install of anything else would not ask for the second CD.

Anyways you said it is asking for Disk 1, which presumably you have the original of that.

Here are a few things to try.
Restart the server.
Run setup.exe from the IntelNT\ARCserve.AE directory.
Copy it to the harddisk and run setup from there.
Rename and create a new temp directory.

I actually have 2 original CD's (one for each server)and they both do the same thing. When I choose standard install from the product explorer it goes through the setup and provides me with the frustration of not knowing what disk to put in.

I will try your suggestions and see where they get me.

I appreciate your help!!

Thanks!!

Copying the IntelNT dir to the hard drive and installing worked.

Thanks for you help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back