Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation id

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse83189

Technical User
Feb 3, 2007
US
when i start up my comp it says that i have to connect to the internet and enter the installation id.... i can't connect untill im at my desktop.... so is there a universal installation id that i could just put in?

did you try and rollback to a driver that might have already been installed? did you check to see if a driver existed before you installed a new driver? go to the device manager and select the sounds and video and game controllers option, this will show installed audio drivers. If there is more than one audio driver installed use the uninstall option to remove the drivers you don't want. Do your speakers work? are they connected correctly? is the sound issue why the other person gave you this system?

Right-click on the My Computer icon, select Properties, then Hardware, then Device Manager. That's one of several ways to get there.

Another one is by typing devmgmt.msc in the Start/Run box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back