Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

MIS
Sep 7, 1999
US
Visit site
Hi: I have a pentium 200mhz box with 48MB RAM and a 2gig drive that I am trying to install Red Hat Linux on and everything goes OK until about 100 MB into the install then it just stops and does nothing and I have to hard boot it and try again and does te same thing. If anyone can help me out I would apreciate it. THANKS. [sig]<p>Jason Stroffoleno<br><a href=mailto:jasons@pcgeek.net>jasons@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> "You have not seen nothing like me yet" GB[/sig]

Are you sure its stopping or is it taking a long time to install.
Packages like glibc and kernel source are quite large and take some time to install.
Is the light on when it stops?
[sig][/sig]

I am sure it just stops because the Cd light goes off and I let it sit for like five hours when I went to work and came back and it was in the same spot...
thnsk
[sig]<p>Jason Stroffoleno<br><a href=mailto:jasons@pcgeek.net>jasons@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> "You have not seen nothing like me yet" GB[/sig]

I have had a couple of similar problems when I have tried to install from the RH 6.2 CD... These disappear when I booted from a floppy, rather than trying a CD boot...

Hope this helps..

AV [sig]<p>AV<br><a href=mailto:tnedor@yahoo.com>tnedor@yahoo.com</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back