Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation for CALL PILOT CLIENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
Hi All,
My Hard Drive is getting bad and I need to get a new PC. Has any one know how to install Call pilot Client. We are currently using Call Pilot 1.07. and is CP 1.07 compatible with Win XP? What Win platform that is compatible with CP1.07?
Thanks much

sienz

Hi,

The Admin Client is only supported on win2k and 98.

To install the client put the CD in the Drive start setup.exe. klik next, next, next, etc, etc.

When the install in complete, double click the add system icon and enter the relevant information and your done.

Marc D.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

From my experience, the 1.07 client will work on XP, but the Application Builder crashes. If you don't use the Application Builder to set up menus and such, the rest of the basic client runs fine. (I have had this client running on my XP system for over a year now. We still use our MerMail for all our menus, CallPilot is just for our user mailboxes.)

And that's why its not supported

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I know why it's not supported. I was just giving info in case someone out there does not have a win2k or 98 machine on which to install the client. I have run into that situation.

Hi, Thanks guys for the answers.
I think there is compatibility in WIN Xp, so I just need to find file source for Application Builder and right click it and there it compatibility tab so it can run like in the Win 98.
I have installed the Call pilot Client in my New PC, THANKS MUCH

Even with compatibility settings turned to 98 or 2k Application Builder will still crash. But if your not using an Auto Attendant with your mail then you shouldn't even need to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back