Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation error 0xc0020424 (help!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchizary

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Hi i have been setting up exchange 5.5 on our NT4 box. I had a few problems getting it to send mails, it would receive fine (but thats another story!)
After someone suggested uninstalling a connector i decided to do a fresh install- totally uninstall exchange- which was standard version, and reinstall it with enterprise, which we had since purchased.
However..... when i try to install it now it begins setup fine, i can select what components etc i want but when it comes to the white box being filled with the blue bar it comes up with a dialog box:

Specified service does not exist as an installed service

Microsoft Windows NT
ID No: 0xc0020424

When i click on OK it just exits the setup program and says i will have to continue the installation at another time....which is not good

Ant help is very very much apreciated on this one!cheers
BenC

hi,

this kind of problems are arise when your exchnge not properly uninstalled, first uninstall exchange then check registry, remove with registry removal tools, one best tools registry-clean-expert its useful to you, then restart your pc, and reinstalled,

see, when u installed that time exchange setup installation is sucessful but optimisor can't run properly, so do it this,

regards,

umang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back