Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2003
US
I am feeling quite stupid now, tried to create my first package using McAfee Installation Designer and everything seemed to go well until i ran the package. None of the settings i specified took hold. The cab file seemed to be created but when i ran setup nothing was set up. I then used the msi file that was created to try and install and the same thing happened. Where did i go wrong?

Which version of Installation Designer did you use? When I created custom installation packages, I found it much easier to install Installation Designer and the version of Virus Scan that I wanted to create a custom install for on a seperate machine.

I set up the Virus Scan software the way I wanted it, then ran the installation designer, and told it to use the settings of the software that was installed on this machine. I did this with both VSE7 & ID7, and VS451 with ID1.

Good luck and let me know how it goes,

Sven

That seemed to do the trick, plus i also noticed a key check box i forgot to check. Thanks for the heads up Sven!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back