Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation and Configuration of Definity Switch and Intuity VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

isokocons

Technical User
Jan 31, 2004
US
Hi All,

Looking for some ideas, tips, suggestions, directions, etc.

We have a Definity ECS Si telephone switch and Intuity Audix Model MAP/5P V3, these systems were deinstalled from one of our closed offices and they are currently in our warehouse. All the cards in the definity has been pulled before transportation. I was able to locate the following cards:
1. TN763D Auxiliary Trunk
2. TN464GP DS1 INTEC 24/32,
3. TN744E Call Clasifier DE (x2),
4. TN 79313 24 port analog(x2),
5. TN25101AP Annoucement,
6. TN23032AP IP media processor (x2)
7. TN2224CP DGTL LN 24 PT,
8. TN771DP Maintenance/Test,
9. TN2313AP DS1 INFC (x3),
10. TN799DP C-LAN (x2)
11. TN2182C Tone Clock
12. TN2404 Processor V3
13. TN2401 Netcon/PKT ONTFC V4

These were used for a VoIP deployment in that location until it was closed down.

It is my responsibility to assemble this systems/unit and install the VoIP in my current location, any help, advice, tip will really help.

Backgroup:
*I do not have any problem with the Cisco aspect, I am good in cisco, however any contribution in this area will be helpful.

*I have administered a Definity and Intuitive Audix in one of my former office, but it was not VoIP and it has already been installed before I start working in that office.

Scope:
I have to install the Avaya definity, Audix Voice meail, configure all the units, integrate it into my IP network, integrate it into my Telephone T1, configure ACD, call routing, etc.

*Are there any documentation/online resources that might help? I have been to Avaya's site and have already downloaded many documentation, but they deal mostly with administration/Maintenance and not on Installation, wiring, etc.

*Is there any hands-on course/class one can attend that will teach one how to do these installations.

*Your tips, advices, etc will go a long way in helping.

Thanks.
~Isokocons.

A quick tip would be to reinstall the circuit packs in the same location before you boot it back up. I've had systems shipped to me from closed offices that had the circuit packs removed. The system expects the boards to be there, even if you remove all references to them. I've had to go through and insert/remove the correct board to get the system to remove the reference and let me use a different circuit pack.

HmmG3 has you in the right direction. Getting this thing fired back up may not be as hard as trying to resolve the conflicts with the hardware if they are not replaced back where they came from. I would also guess the translations are still built. This being so you would not need to program everything from scratch, just remove the old unused station, trunks and make changes to your existing configurations. When you do bring this cabinet back up, type in “newterm”. This will list the current release and software load you are running. From their you can go to the Avaya website and pull up every document that has been done for your particular software release. Here is the link for you.

When you go to this link pull up all documents for the release you are on. Look under installation and test. This will give you everything from your power requirements to the wiring schemes of the wall fields and packs.

I am not sure of the timeline that your company has put on you with this. A lot will need to be done before I would turn this system loose on your users. Depending on your level of knowledge with this switch and Intuity, it may be best to have Avaya or a business partner come in and at least help with you ARS, Dial plan, route patterns ect., But everything you can do will save you money.

Hope this give you something to start with.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks HmmG3 and Mike Jones,

I will not have any problem putting each of the cards in their appropriate slot, because they were clearly labelled.

Before I start worring about configuring the routing, dial plan, route patterns, etc. I want to be able to appropriately cable each of the various pieces that makeup the VoIP system.

More information about the system are:

* GS3V11 Avaya definity SI
*BCMSvu NT Server compaq proliant 1600
*I have not gotten the software version on the intuity, but as I said before behind the PC, there is a labelled that said 'intuity model MAP/5P V3'

I do not have a timeline, I offered to pickup the chanllange to set it up because the price the local Avaya partners gave us to install the switch is too high (above $200K).

Some basic question, how do I connect the intuity to the definit and how do i interconnect the various cards in the definity and the definity into my IP network?

There three boards at the back of the intuity audix PC.
*Remote management board - Lucent AYC5bb(This have 2 rj11 ports and 1 rj45 port)
*2 x USOC RJ25C Avaya AYC10, IVC6 (This have 1 rj45 port).

The definity came with about 4 CSU/DSU that will connect to the back of the DS1 cards which connect the T1 lines....

More help, tips, insights will be appreciated, I will report my progress, etc on this forum.

I have also downloaded the Avaya made easy tools.

Thanks.
~Isokocons.

The AYC10 is the board you want to use to connect the definity to the Intuity. There should be two ports on it, each having 6 pins which correspond to 3 ports each. The wiring is a simple breakout 3-4, 2-5 & 1-6 are your pairs for each port. These are t/r fxo ports. They will need to be connected to an analog card on your switch such as a TN742,TN746, or TN793 all of which I did not see you list. You can do a "list station" command to find the ports that are programmed as "VMI" which are specially programmed for the Intuity. Also type "disp cir" to show the correct locations for all TN cards. As for IP connectivity, you will connect to the LAN via the CLAN (TN799) card. There should also be a connection to the LAN from the media processor (TN2302). These both have a special adapter to connect an RJ45 into with a straight through cable. That is the basic connectivity, but you aren't anywhere close to getting this up and running. This is a very complicated and dubious task especially for a non-Avaya guy such as yourself. Good luck!

Isokocons if you contact me at the above link, I think I could send you a lot of useful information that will make this task a little easier for you. My handle is the same.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Hi all,

I am trying to bring up the Definity ECS R10 switch. It have 2 C-LANs and 2 IP Media Processors.

I have configured all 4 interfaces via 'change ip-interface', 'change ip-service', 'change node-name ip' and also configured 'link'.

All boards are on the same VLAN and subnets, the LEDs on the CLAN and IP media processor are okay.

I can only ping the 2 IP media processors but cannot ping any of the C-LANs.

The cisco switch to which these interfaces are connected is showing that the C-LAN is up.

I have checked the IP addresses, subnet mask, default gateway, etc are they are good. No node/pc from the same subnet/VLAN can ping the C-LANs but they can ping the IP media processors.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I believe that the analog ports should only be programed for 'VMI' if you are using 'mode codes'. It sounds like you are connnecting using C-land which doesn't use mode codes.
Are you located in Colorado?

I have not statrted programming the analog or the digital ports at this time. We really might not need until in the distant future, we have IP-phones, bringing these IP Phones up is my primary concern now.

I have or think I have fully configured the C-LAN interfaces, but maybe I am missing sometime. I have changed the duplex/speed settings of the C-LAN cards, the cisco switches but no luck.

Help needed.

update....

I checked my alarms...

display alarms

PN 01 PKT-BUS y Major n 03/18/09:19
01A1532 SYS-LINK n RSCL WARNING 03/18/09:17
01A1632 SYS-LINK n RSCL WARNING 03/18/09:17

list sys-link...
01A1632 RSCL down none default
01A1532 RSCL down none default

Given that my C-LANs are on slots A15 & A16, how do I clear these alarm.

There is no command for 'change sys-link' or any related commands.

Your Help needed.

Thanks.

this is more updates....any help,tip will be appreciated.

the board is defined in 'change data-mod'

display data-mod 3801

Data Extension: 3801 Name:CLAN1
Type: ethernet
Port: 01A1517
Link: 1

display ip-services

service Enabled Local Local Remote Remote
type Node Port Node Port
SAT y CLAN1 5023 any 0
SAT y CLAN1 5024 any 0
SAT y CLAN1 5025 any 0

display ip-interfaces

Enable Node
Eth Pt Type Slot Code Sfx Name Subnet Gateway Rgn
y C-LAN 01A15 TN799 D CLAN1 255.255.0.0 10.55.1.1 1
y C-LAN 01A16 TN779D CLAN2 255.255.0.0 10.55.1.1 1
y MEDPRO 01A14 TN2302 MEDPRO1 255.255.0.0 10.55.1.1 1
y MEDPRO 01A06 TN2302 MEDPRO2 255.255.0.0 10.55.1.1 1
y VAL 01A05 TN2501 VAL1 255.255.0.0 10.55.1.1 1

display node-name ip

Name IP Address
CLAN1 10.55.1.11
CLAN2 10.55.1.12
MEDPRO1 10.55.1.13
MEDPRO2 10.55.1.14
VAL1 10.55.1.15
default 0.0.0.0

display ethernet-options

Enable
Eth Pt. Type Slot Code Sfx Auto Speed Duplex
y C-LAN 01A15 TN799 D n 100Mbps Full
y C-LAN 01A16 TN799 D n 100Mbps Full
y MEDPRO 01A14 TN2302 n 100Mbps Full
y MEDPRO 01A06 TN2302 n 100Mbps Full
y VAL 01A05 TN2301 n 100Mbps Full

list data-module
Ext. Port Type Name COS COR TN ISN
3801 01 A1517 ethernet CLAN1 1 1 1
3802 01A1617 ethernet CLAN2 1 1 1
3803 01A0533 ethernet VAL 1 1 1

Any ideal, tip, help will be appreciated. I still cannot ping C-LANs, but I can ping IP Media processor.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back